5. Trinity University, San Antonio, TXSubmitted by Brett.
During Civil Rights classProfessor: She was Hispanic, so she joined the Farm Workers Association.Bro: Wait, she was Hispanic? It thought that she was Mexican
4. Forsyth Technical Community College, Winston-Salem, NCSubmitted by David
After studying a famous Renaissance painting in Art classProfessor: What are the characters in the painting looking at?Genius Girl: The camera?
3. LSU, Baton Rouge, LASubmitted by Luke
Professor: Half of the people that ever existed are alive today.Complete Moron: But doesn't that depend on who you consider a 'human being'?stunned silence
2. Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PASubmitted by Eric
In an Advanced bio classProfessor: Plants will actually grow towards sunlightApparently Advanced Student: Wait plants have brains?
And for the win
1. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IndianaSubmitted by Amanda
Professor: So when talking to older adults, we use simple words, talk in ahigher pitch, and tend to be patronizing. Who else do we do this to?pauseVocal Racist: Latinos?
Congrats on winning yourself a Big Shocker, Amanda. And for any of you interested in winning one of your own, send us the stupidest question you've heard in class to CHStupidQuestions @Gmail.com and remember to include your school or we won't be able to use it.