The most memorable Simpsons moments, for me, have become a language. "That's where I'm a viking," is as good as saying sleep. You yell "Boo-urns" when you're the only one who liked something. A "Poochie" is an extreme character with too much attitude, like Sonic the Hedgehog or 50 Cent.
I caption everything over in CH's pictures section and sometimes I let these Simpson-ese phrases sneak through. I know I probably shouldn't, but I feel like if you haven't memorized episodes like Lisa The Vegetarian it's your own fault. You don't deserve to get it. Some of my favorites
- RDR^2 This reference goes all the way back to Bart the Genius, the second episode ever produced. I'll often go to The Simpsons quote when I just can't think of anything else to say. I'm good but I'm no Jay Leno, so it's tough for me to say something funny about zany wedding headline.
- When are they going to get to the fireworks factory? Milhouse whines this gem while waiting for the action to start in the first ever Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie cartoon. It completely and accurately sums up the first half of the Transformers movie.
- I Commanded The Flying Hellfish
Just wanted an excuse to link to this again. Whoever did this is my hero.
- Al let's have sex! It took The Simpsons less than 30 seconds to deconstruct and tear down all 11 seasons of Married With Children.
- Now there's a butt you can set your watch to When they did a flashback. they really made it count. Even when I'm looking at a picture like this, all I can think about is Grandpa Simpson watching Johnny Unitas.