Adam Ruins Everything
Jake and Amir
What "Step Up 2: The Streets" Taught Me
February 21, 2008
1. Back-flips are cool. Really really cool.
2. In New York City, movie tickets cost $11.25. In Baltimore, people (supposedly) dance for free on the streets.
3. The streets is about where you're from. I thought they were about where you're going.
4. In order to avoid bringing down the awesomeness of your film with the consistently problematic nature of race relations in American society, have an Asian character that we can all laugh at.
5. This movie was written by someone named Karen. Apparently, people named Karen write movies about inner-city break-dancing communities. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
6. You should, however, judge a movie by its poster.
Did any of you guys see "Step Up 2: The Streets?" It's ok, you can tell me. I won't judge you. At least, I won't judge you any more than I judge myself. Join me in the comments section, won't you? We'll get through our shame together.
what movies teach me
We like you. Do you like us too?
Don't ask me again.