Everyone has a facebook or myspace account nowadays and future employers know that too. And with the economy as bad as it is, it only takesone bad picture of you completely wasted on a Wednesday afternoon for them not to want you. You might say that's not fair it's your personal life and you're right. So why not take the time to make a more professional facebook account -the advantage here is you can lie your ass off!
Here's our Simple Guide:
1.Change your original facebook name to your nickname. (Really who cares if your birth name is Richard, we are all calling you Dick).
2. Make a new account with your given name.
3. Find a picture that better suits you in the business world. (Thank you Google images).
4. Update your recent activity to look like you have been busy -just don't make it too unrealistic.
5. Go down your info and make it all business-related. Don't forget to embellish on previous jobs. (No one cares you worked a summer at McDonalds).
6. Set your privacy setting to everyone and your original one to "Just Friends" (thank you facebook) and you're good to go! As soon as you know it your phone will be ringing off the hook from prospective companies- you might not even have to apply!*
*Results not guaranteed