Before the box-office hit was released, the producers of Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen, suggested a name change to the film, which at the time was just called Transformers 2, to boost ratings. With only a few hours before the deadline, Michael Bay and his crew had to think of name fast. These were some of the rejected names.
1. 'Splosions II
2. Transformers and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Megan Fox: Rise of The Boner
4. Transformers Duex
Yep that's French
5. The Terminator Has Sex With Godzilla and Makes Fucking Transformers
6. Megan Fox: The Empire Strikes Cock
7. Transformers One Without Anthony Anderson
8. Megan Fox and The Temple of Poon
9. Transformers 3?
At this point, one of the writers suggested that Michael should refer to the creative titles of Academy Award Winning Movies for inspiration.
10. Million Dollar Robot
11. No Country For Optimus Prime
12. Driving Miss Megatron
13. The Deer Hunter With Robots
14. Rain Man With Robots
15. Schindler's List With Robots
After offending the writers with whom his was collaborating, one of the non-jewish writers quickly told Michael Bay to forget about considering Academy Award winners and to rather look deeply at his own movie. He told him to pick the most pivotal moment in the movie and incorporate in into the title.
16. Transformers With That Scene I Stole From Pearl Harbor
After another failed title, Michael Bay turned to his three-year-old daughter, Maggie, for advice.
17. Transformers Eleventeen: Revenge of the Pink Butterflies and Kitty Cats.
18. My Little Pony: The Movie
19. Megatron is a Doo-doo Head and Optimus Prime is Pretty
Suddenly an impatient intern who wanted to go home in time for LOST suggested a title off the top of his head.
20. Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen
And that is where the title came from.