Being bitten by a shark leads to awe and sympathy from peers. Cutting off your own trapped arm to save yourself from certain death leads to awe and sympathy from your friends. These ten accidents/injuries lead to laughter at your misfortune or groans of 'come on, it can't be that painful
are you actually crying?'
10. Running down the stairs really fast, missing a step and then sliding down the stairs on your buttocks. Hilarious to onlookers but really quite painful.
9. Biting your nails and accidently biting too much off leaving a bit of your under nail skin exposed. There is no cure for this pain, just patience, and a lot of blowing on your finger.
8. Burning yourself roof of your mouth with hot pizza. Pure greed, you know it will burn you You know yet you persist. Usually results in the incineration of your tastes buds rendering them useless for up to 48 hours.
7. Punching things. Makes you feel like a real man until you realise that your knuckles have withdrawn, wolverine style, back into your hand.
6. Biting your gum. Such a shock when it happens and the ensuing lump on the inside of your mouth feels so much bigger when you rub it with your tongue. Spend the day caressing the walls of your mouth and consequently look like an MDMA addict
5.Getting a brain freeze. God's way of punishing kids who eat their ice cream too fast.
4.Stubbing your toe. Everyone has done this.. several times. The toe stub usually goes as follows. (1)Stand on pointy object, (2) mouth silent swearwords(similar to a silent laugh) (3) Do a one footed hop around the room looking for an inanimate object to punch so that it can feel your pain.
3. Hitting your head off a low door. Makes your brain angry.
2. Pinching your neck-fat with the clip of a helmet. Okay, this ones seems pretty specific but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a common enough occurence. Even if it's only happened to you once you will live in fear of clipping helmet straps for the rest of your life.
1.Cramp. It truly is horrible. Especially leg cramp. The spasms, the muscle tightening, the fear of moving any part of your body in case it sets the cramps off again. I once got cramp on a plane in the middle seat beside two strangers just after food had been served so everyone's trays where up and full of food. It wasn't fun.