By Caldwell Tanner
SHOOT THE CLONE: An Interactive Comic Adventure
1. Two men stand in the center of a laboratory. They look almost identical except for a few slight differences. The man on the left (Lefty) has a wedding ring on his finger, and wears his hair parted. The man on the right (Righty) has slightly greyer skin and wears his hair gelled up. They are both raising their hands and pointing at each other. They both frantically shout at a pale woman who stands in front of them. The woman looks terrified and shakily holds a gun in her hands. - A
Lefty: You’ve got to believe me, Karen! I’m your real husband! He’s just an alien clone sent here to destroy our planet! Shoot HIM!
Righty: Don’t listen to him, Karen, he’s the real imposter!
2. Close-up on Karen’s face. Sweat rolls down her face.
Righty and Lefty (offscreen): SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE KILLS US BOTH!
3. We see a .gif of Lefty and Righty on either side of Karen, who nervously swings her gun between the two, trying to decide which one to shoot. - B
TEXT BOX: Who will you shoot? [ Left ] [ Right ] [Neither]
1. Tight shot of Karen’s face. She keeps her gun trained on the two men, but has an idea.
Karen: ENOUGH! Only my real husband would know the answer to this question...
2. We see the tip of her gun pointed, both men react to her question differently. Lefty covers his ears, while Righty smiles and begins to answer. - B
Karen: What’s our apartment’s WiFi password?
Lefty: Aw man, I always forget, but it’s written down on a post-it note in our junk-drawer if you really need it.
Righty: That’s easy! it’s -
3. Karen shoots Righty, as he is shot he morphs back into his alien form. - Z
4. Karen and Lefty embrace each other and kiss as the alien falls to the floor dying.
Righty: CURSE YOU HUMAN SCUUUUUM!
1. Karen shoots Lefty. He screams. Righty looks relieved. - B
2. Karen and Righty embrace.
Righty: But...how did you know?
Karen: Love always knows.
3. They open their mouths and reveal HIDEOUS ALIEN TONGUES which embrace in a strange extraterrestrial kiss. Through a window we can see two alien moons lighting the sky.
“The End” is written here, but in a strange alien text.
1. Karen lowers her gun, she has a seductive smile on her face.
Righty + Lefty (offscreen): Quick, Karen, you have to choose!
Karen: Oh, I think I’ve got a better idea entirely.
2. In the foreground Karen begins taking her top off, Lefty and Righty look at eachother, they’re pumped. - B
3. Lefty wakes up, we can see a bursting dream bubble of him and Righty making out with Karen at the top of the panel.
Karen: Honey, what’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream?
4. Tight on Lefty, he is sweaty and disheveled. His eyes are wide.
Lefty: No. It’s...it’s nothing. Go back to sleep, dear.