For a chance to WIN $3,000 CASH and a PADDY HOUSE PARTY KIT, make sure you're logged in to twitter, then Follow @paddywhiskeyus and Tweet #swy30
@paddywhiskeyus with a #SWY30 hashtag.
No purchase or smartphone entry necessary to enter or win. A purchase or smartphone entry does not improve your chances of winning.
Contest may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) united states and the district of columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the united states. You are not authorized to participate in the contest if you are not located within the united states.
1. How to enter. During the contest entry period (defined below), visit http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6935593/swy30-sleep-when-youre-30-contest-official-rules (the "contest site") to receive instructions on how to enter the contest. Prior to doing so, you will be prompted to sign into your twitter account. If you do not have a twitter account, create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free. Once logged into your twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @paddywhiskeyus. To enter the contest, tweet @paddywhiskeyus an item on your 20s bucket list that will make your 20's as much fun as possible. Your tweet must include the hashtag #swy30. All entry information and tweets shall be collectively referred to herein as the "submissions" or each as a "submission." submissions must comply with the guidelines and restrictions defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria (defined below).
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant's submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the submission; and (b) the submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties;
Providing a submission constitutes entrant's consent to give sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Entrants are not permitted to submit the same submission more than once during the contest period. Each submission submitted by an entrant throughout the contest entry period must be different, as determined by sponsor in its sole or absolute discretion. Duplicate submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. If you post updates to or receive updates from twitter.com via sms from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. You must be an active holder of a non-private twitter account and be a follower of the @paddywhiskeyus account to be eligible to enter this contest. All terms and conditions of twitter.com apply. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with twitter, inc. ("twitter"). By entering this contest, you understand that you are providing your information to sponsor and not to twitter. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by sponsor. By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
2. Contest entry start/end dates. Contest entry period begins at 12:00:01 am est on november 14th, 2013, and ends at 12:00:01 am est on december 5th 2013 ("contest entry period").
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty united states and the district of columbia, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Void outside of the 50 united states, the district of columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of pernod ricard usa ("sponsor"), connected ventures, llc ("administrator"), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouse), suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcoholic-beverage products; or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the contest if you are not located within the united states or the district of columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission guidelines and content restrictions: by entering, each entrant agrees that entrant's submission conforms to the submission guidelines and content restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "guidelines and restrictions") and that sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any submission and disqualify an entrant from the contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant's submission fails to conform to the guidelines and restrictions.
Submission guidelines and content restrictions:
· the submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
· the submission must not disparage sponsor or any other person or party;
· the submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
· the submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
· the submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the united states or of any jurisdiction where submission is created;
· the submission must be consistent with the image and values of sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the contest.
· the submission must comply with the discus code of responsible practices.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant's submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these official rules. By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
5. Judging panel/judging criteria. On or about december 5th, all eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of collegehumor editors who have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria (defined below). All submissions will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria ("judging criteria"): (a)humor and (b) creativity. By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
6. Prizes. One (1) grand prize: cash prize totaling ($3,000) three thousand dollars and a paddy house party kit (approximate retail value ("arv") of grand prize $3,025). Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. House party kit does not include alcohol beverages. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of anyprize, sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner(s).
7. Notification. Winners will receive a direct message from sponsor through the twitter account used to enter the contest on or about december 5th, 2013 (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner has to (a) be following @paddywhiskeyus, and (b) may have to have his/her tweet privacy settings "unchecked"). Potential winners will be required to respond to the direct message within two business days of receipt and provide sponsor with their full name, date of birth, personal email address, and/or any other requested information. If a potential winner does not respond to direct message within the required time frame, prize may be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, where legal, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and/or rights transfer document within two business days of sponsor's notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless sponsor, administrator, twitter, and their advertising and promotions agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, "released entities"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner's permission for sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the contest or sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these official rules, or attempt to interfere with this contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, internet, or isp availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or sponsor representatives.
Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of liability; disclaimer of warranties. In no event will the released entities be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the service and/or the contest, downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from any websites associates with the contest. Without limiting the foregoing, this contest and all prizes are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
11. Disputes; governing law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these official rules, including, without limitation, the contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these official rules and/or the contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the american arbitration association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the state of new york, city of new york.
These official rules and the interpretation of its terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of new york without regard to its conflicts of laws rules. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these official rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these official rules and/or the contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the county of new york in the state of new york. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. List of winners/winner's name. To obtain a list of winners/the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by december 9th, 2013 to: collegehumor, 555 west 18th street, 3rd floor, new york, ny 10011.
14. Sponsor. Pernod ricard usa, 100 manhattanville road, purchase, ny 10577
Administrator: connected ventures, llc, 555 w. 18th street, new york, ny 10011
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, twitter.