Adam Ruins Everything
Jake and Amir
12 Ryan Stiles 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' Moments That Will Make You Laugh
June 27, 2016
1. Stiles is one of the longest-running performers on the Whose Line Is It Anyway? series, having started in 1989 for the UK version and going through...well, through today. That's nearly 30 years of (mostly) non-stop televised improv.
2. He and Drew Carey were the primary people to get the UK show a US version (hosted by Carey).
3. And Ryan Stiles was one of 2 people on Whose Line Is It Anyway? to ever receive an Emmy nomination for the show - in 2002, for Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program (Wayne Brady was the only other to be nominated - and he even won once in 2003).
4. He's probably best remembered for his work alongside Colin Mochrie, the only other person to perform in EVERY SINGLE episode of the original run of Whose Line Is It Anyway?
5. ...and he could be pretty ruthless with Colin.
6. And, perhaps most importantly, he's the king of hoedowns.
7. It was rare he would ever break character, but it was a special moment when he would.
8. A lot of Whose Line was built on corny jokes and puns - but Stiles was an expert at selling them.
9. He could be plenty self-deprecating...
10. ...to get ahead of others making fun of him.
11. He's just insanely good at this - pretty much nothing throws him through a loop, and he's been at this so long that he knows EXACTLY how to own every moment.
12. And here's something that can't be done justice by photos or GIFs - Ryan Stiles recreating a foal being born. If you've never seen it, you need to watch it. And if you HAVE seen it, you really do need to watch it again and fully appreciate how amazing Ryan Stiles is at physical comedy.
12 Times Colin Mochrie Was the King of "Whose Line Is It Anyways?"
12 Accidentally NSFW Illusions That Aren't As Dirty As They Look
whose line is it anyway
We like you. Do you like us too?
Don't ask me again.