Millennials - they're just a bunch of lazy, entitled, overly-sensitive crybabies, right? Well, no. The idea that you can summarize an entire generation with such lazy stereotypes (that also aren't actually based on anything) is a little ridiculous, but gets more ridiculous when you consider "millennials" is an insanely broad idea that's not reflective of anything, since it's a term made-up by a marketing company. Our own Adam Conover gave a presentation explaining why "millennials" aren't really even a thing.
Regardless, here are a few tweets that perfectly summarize the generational divide.
1. "Next Week: Are Millennials Breathing Too Much?"
need it to live. next question pic.twitter.com/PrkFHlhZ6U-- brian feldman (@bafeldman) August 14, 2015
2. No, seriously, they really did.
"millennials are idiots" - the generation that made a millionaire out of the creator of the pet rock-- andy levy (@andylevy) August 13, 2015
3. Baby Boomers just don't understand why young people aren't buying hyper-expensive rocks
@TheEconomist I work at a grocery store-- Lifelong Valor Fan (@CowlonFullerton) July 1, 2016
4. Maybe Brexit wouldn't have passed if millennials would just explain Snapchat to an old person?
millennial: [takes a few too many selfies for instagram]-- harambe vehicle spur (@JoeLovellM) June 24, 2016
baby boomer: [destroys the british, continental, and global economy in one day]
5. And actually, Pokemon GO has actually ADDED to the overall economy in pretty significant ways.
why are baby boomers so mad at everything millennials do. when we're bored we play Pokémon. when you're bored u ruin economies. who's worse-- farwz (@farwzaz) July 13, 2016
6. So the Baby Boomers caused one of the biggest global financial disasters in history? YOU MILLENNIALS WON'T STOP LOOKING AT YOUR DANG PHONES!
If I had a dollar for every time a BabyBoomer complained about my generation, I'd have enough money to buy a house in the market they ruined-- Talia Cry@theMoon (@talzir) March 15, 2015
7. To be fair, old people laugh at internet memes too, but they're all weird Christian ones featuring the Minions.
"This generation can't take a joke"-- baby b Ⓥ (@ahoybailey) August 22, 2015
Our entire generation laughs at fucking internet memes all day long we just don't like racist jokes
8. Um, only HALF of the older generation is trying to ban entire groups of people based on stereotypes and racist beliefs.
"Did you see that millennial taking a selfie? Ugh. What a waste of time."-- Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) June 3, 2016
"Hey, so your generation is trying to ban Muslims & Mexicans."
9. Thank goodness for the wise older generation
me: say a big number.-- g0m (@g0m) September 14, 2015
millenial: DUHHhhh... 10. can i have a participation trophy now duhh
Wise 37 year old [smiling serenely]: One million.
10. Here's what it boils down to...
A millennial is any young person you don't like.-- Kashana (@kashanacauley) April 30, 2016
And in case you're still mad at Millennials for some reason...