The internet has made lying about yourself a whole lot easier - facts have gotten harder to verify, and there are enough random crazy stories you see on a daily basis that you more or less stop questioning all the weird stuff you read.
But a lot of it is obvious bullshit. Like, a little TOO obvious.
1. Oh no, call 911 and see if Photoshop has a "stitches" filter!
2. ISIS is getting sloppy, apparently.
3. "...and then I got sucked into the world of My Little Pony but for real, and I live there now, in a huge mansion filled with gold. Take THAT, bullies."
4. I'm 90% sure this is the plot of Mr. Robot.
5. Yep, four police officers tore apart someone's house for half an hour because they didn't understand how Pokemon GO works. Sounds believable.
6. Note: there are enough real stories about misogyny in the world of geekdom that you don't need to make up anything, especially ones where you add in a father literally kicking his child.
7. "Our teacher and 10 girls all agreed to let us experiment on their boobs in 8th grade, because that's a thing that could happen."
8. Ah, Ashton Kutcher is calling me, better take a screenshot to prove it's real. Also Mila Kunis was there.
9. Sure, you may have heard of the Ben Affleck Batman movie, but WB is ALSO giving me, a random guy on the internet, $150m to make my own Batman movie, starring me.
10. "Sounds like bullshit." - Albert Einstein