Every school had some uniquely dumb rules - at my elementary school, we were banned from playing with pogs during recess because teachers thought it constituted gambling. To be fair, if I had any money to bet on pogs, I definitely would have.
Still, it's incredible to hear about the ridiculously stupid weird rules some schools had - and this r/AskReddit thread has some of the best:
1. Banning kids from playing with the schoolyard equipment they spent months working for? Makes sense.
2. One-way hallways are a one-way road to failure.
3. Imagine if The Breakfast Club had 200 main characters.
4. My guess is no one bought that OTHER teacher a cake on her last day.
5. The only thing that wasn't banned was "sitting quietly by yourself"
6. Pssh, these selfish kids think they're too good to eat clumps of hair in their lunches.
7. I don't know about you, but I didn't really spend that much time staring at socks.
8. It's lunch time, so no one eat for 5 minutes.
9. Let's get kids used to stupid corporate bureacracy early on.
10. The Bloods and the Crips are definitely gonna head into rural Missouri next
11. "Toga Day is approved, as long as you don't wear any togas."
12. "Well, it's 9:01, guess I'm skipping finals this year."
13. Long hair? Fine. Hair growing near your ears? NO WAY.