The NBA Finals kicked off yesterday with the Cleveland Cavaliers taking on the Golden State Warriors, who were heavily favored to essentially crush ass. But Lebron James is a goddamn god and couldn't miss a shot, putting up 51 points on the night, which miiight've been enough to steal a win, but his teammate J.R. Smith did this at the end of regulation.
With the game tied.
With 4 seconds left:
The play that decided Game 1. pic.twitter.com/e1UeOv57Rn-- ESPN (@espn) June 1, 2018
Fucking up that bad on the biggest stage while millions of people are watching is one thing. But fucking up that bad on the biggest stage while millions of people are watching and simultaneously tweeting is so much worse. Because instantly he became a trending topic and once that happens, it's only a matter of minutes until you're memed to death.
1. Poor Homer.
2. It's SIMPLE.
3. Lebron has become part of the diss track.
4. At least it didn't claim Lebron.
5. YOU'VE ALREADY DONE HALF THE WORK, JUST OPEN THE DOOR.
6. Did we just win?
7. The Photoshop skills here are impressive.
8. I AM HUNGRY AND JUST WANT TO EAT.
JUST PICK A RESTAURANT pic.twitter.com/wpG7hdI4z1-- Matthew Berry (@MatthewBerryTMR) June 1, 2018
9. Fresh Prince predicted this years ago.
JR Smith when he got the rock with 4.7 seconds left pic.twitter.com/NKmSyGhGVO-- Nick Burdell (@burdman0324) June 1, 2018
10. THAT guy?!
11. This one hits me on a deep level.
12. Very hard to pick a favorite.
But also, there's this theory:
What if JR Smith saw 14 million possible outcomes and this is the only way the Cavs win this series?-- Jedi🧐 (@jayrashad__) June 1, 2018