If you aren't afraid of partially or fully submerged manmade objects under water yet, then you're about to be. There's something so frightening about a giant dam spill well (am enormous HOLE just sucking water down into a deep abyss) in the middle of a lake, or a sunken ship resting at the bottom of the ocean. These things are just right next to you while you swim and it's like, I don't want anything to do with it, please get it away from me.
It may be fascinating, but it's fascinating in a way that gives us the creeps.
1. Oh Holey NOPE.
2. Imaging getting stuck in this grate...
3. Who knows how deep those support beams go.
4. This underwater sculpture garden by artist Jason Decaires Taylor is like The Walkind Dead meets the deep sea.
5. Sunken subway car is now a ghost train that we'd prefer to stay far, far away from.
6. What a beautiful NOPE.
7. Even Samara from "The Ring" is like no fucking thank you.
8. Staircase into the unknown.
9. "The Hand of Harmony" sculpture reaching out of the ocean in Pohang, North Korea and does not feel harmonious at all, like even a little bit.
10. WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A SIGN TO CONVINCE THEM NOT GO INTO THIS?!
11. These are wave chambers that collect the debris in wave pools, aka underwater prison cells from hell.
12. A Shiva statue submerged in the flood waters of the River Ganges makes us feel nauseous.
13. Somehow it's even more haunting in a grainy vintage black and white, like it's something from another planet.
14. The animatronic from "Jaws", who they named Bruce, feels like a dystopian nightmare where sharks have gained the power of technology and we're all fucked.