Tired of your current job? Unemployed and looking to get a new skill that you can spin into a fun, cool career that seemed like the kind of thing you only dreamed about as a kid? We've got the answer for you - game development. Between the indie scene exploding on PCs and the massive market for games on mobile phones, there's never been a higher demand for talented game developers. And with the 2017 Zero to Hero Game Developer Bundle, you'll be on the right path:
And the best part is you can get this entire bundle - a $1,477 value - for only $49 (that's a 96% discount!). If you're serious about getting into game development (or know someone who is), it would be foolish to let this deal pass you by. And while this all looks pretty daunting, the beauty of online courses shines through - you can take the courses whenever you feel like, around your own schedule, and at a pace you're comfortable with.
These courses will give you an excellent start in the wide world of game development - and the multitude of factors and skillsets that go into the different avenues of the industry. Of course, if you'd prefer to start lightly and just try out individual courses to see if they offer you something you'd be interested in, you can take that route (although honestly - $49 gets you the entire range of courses, which is a pretty incredible deal, even if you don't think you'd be interested in ALL of the courses).
Learn to Code By Building 6 Games In The Unreal Engine - $34 (
$200.00 83% off)
This project-based course will teach you practical, employable skills immediately as you get familiar with the popular Unreal Engine. Using practical examples and real-world projects, this course will teach you how to code in C++ and optimize Unreal Engine's many capabilities to create incredible games from scratch.
- Access 85 lectures & 8.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to code in C++ in Unreal
- Create simple games & design them from scratch
- Discover how to leverage your new skills for greater wealth
Master Unity Game Development: Ultimate Beginners Bootcamp - $26 (
$200.00 87% off)
Whether your goal is to build games for fun, start your own studio, or become a professional Unity developer in the game industry, this training contains everything you need to get started. Throughout this course you'll learn C# and how to use Unity from scratch. You'll learn concepts such as vector math, Object-Oriented Programming, working with materials, and much more. By the end, you'll have built your own 3D multi-level platformer game and be ready to take on greater challenges.
- Access 28 lectures & 7 hours of content 24/7
- Discuss Unity Editor basics
- Explore transforms & game objects
- Learn Unity scripting in C#
- Incorporate multi-level functionality
- Discover Canvas UI
- Import external assets from Blender
Unity Game Development: Build a First Person Shooter - $36 (
$200.00 82% off)
This project-based course covers all the main elements of building first person shooters with Unity 3D. By delving into greater specifics of Unity, you'll develop the tools needed to create more complex games and enhance your game development pedigree to a more employable level.
- Access 31 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Implement & customize a production-ready first person player controller
- Understand collision detection
- Save memory & CPU by implementing a reusable pool of objects
- Perform enemy path finding AI using Nav Mesh
- Integrate external models & audio files
Unity Game Development Academy: Make 2D & 3D Games - $39 (
$190.00 79% off)
Unity 3D is one of the most popular game engines on earth, and this comprehensive course will take you down a guided learning path to start building complete games just like the pros do. You'll learn how to code in C#, make 3D cubes, and build entire 2D and 3D games from scratch. You'll even cover advanced topics like lighting, cinematics, and multiplayer.
- Access 118 lectures & 35.5 hours of content 24/7
- Install & setup Unity 3D
- Explore game physics & pathfinding
- Learn about basic artificial intelligence
- Perform camera animations, cutscenes, & character animations
- Discover how to build multiplayer games for LAN & the internet
- Build four full games from scratch
Learn Python Programming by Making a Game - $25 (
$200.00 87% off)
Python is a language that is currently in extremely high-demand, and you can learn it the fun way through this course! With no prior programming experience necessary, this course will demonstrate core concepts you need to program in Python by building your own game, getting you up and running with Python in a way that's both engaging and fun.
- Access 28 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Create a game similar to Crossy Road or Frogger
- Use the Pygame library to put together your first Python game
- Become familiar w/ concepts like variables, functions, conditional statements, & loops
How To Make 2D iPhone Games Using Swift 3 and iOS 10 - $34 (
$200.00 83% off)
You know what's a fun way to make money? Creating iPhone and iPad games! This beginner-friendly, fast-paced course will teach you how to build complete 2D games using Swift 3, and then monetize them. Each lecture will help you build upon the current project by adding one or two more pieces of functionality as you learn new things in a logical progression.
- Access 70 lectures & 9 hours of content 24/7
- Learn about setting up a game, scaling items, sprites, imaging, & more
- Animate objects in various ways & understand game physics
- Discover the update loop
- Understand how to save data, create multiple levels, & different screens
- Apply vector impulses to objects & detect scoring
- Set up & implement In-App Purchases
Master Video Game Making - $36 (
$199.00 81% off)
This comprehensive course will teach you various concepts of game development and its related technologies, giving you the skills and knowledge to quickly advance to an intermediate level game developer. Introducing you to a wide variety of knowledge related to the game industry, you'll become more adaptable and more ready to take on any game development challenge you meet.
- Access 12 lectures & 25 hours of content 24/7
- Learn about 3D models & how to make them
- Discover how to make 2D texture maps
- Program via everyday explanations & examples
- Use a variety of different game engines
Blender for Non-Artists: Create Low-Poly 3D Game Assets - $35 (
$49.00 28% off)
In this course you'll follow along to create a myriad of beautiful 3D game assets and low-poly scenes using Blender. Anyone can create simple, but elegant assets by just learning the essential tools that Blender has to offer. After completing this course, you'll be able to create low-poly assets for your games and import them directly into Unity.
- Access 32 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to import your assets into Unity
- Discuss object mode & transforms
- Explore the snapping tool & edit mode
- Discover normals, materials, texturing, & UV unwrapping
MagicaVoxel for Non-Artists: Create Voxel Game Assets - $29 (
$39.00 25% off)
MagicaVoxel is an exciting free tool used in creating 3D game models. In this course, you'll learn how to use this tool from scratch while building simple game models and environments. After course completion, you'll be able to create simple 3D game assets for your games.
- Access 9 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Use different brushes & tools
- Explore camera controls to navigate your scene
- Create a voxel art tree, character, & landscape
- Import models into Unity
- Work w/ color palettes
Any of these courses would be a pretty solid way to get started in the world of game development - but seriously, for $49 you can get ALL OF THEM and then pick and choose which ones are best-suited for you.