After TV cameras spotted a brown spot on Kenny Rogers's pitching hand during Game 2 of the World Series, the Detroit Tigers pitcher said it was a clump of dirt. The spot also appeared during the ALDS and ALCS. But what other excuses did the Gambler come up with. For that, we turn to the Top 10.
10. So that's where Jim Leyland's tobacco went.
9. Yeah I know, I was caught brown-handed. I guess it's better than being caught brown-eyed, right?
8. That's what you get for attacking a cameraman I guess this is what he meant by payback.
7. The clubhouse bathroom ran out toliet paper, what else was I supposed to do?
6. It's good luck for me to give Greased Up Deaf Guy a handjob before games.
5. What? Did you really think I could beat Yankees without a little help!?
4. Let's see how Tim McCarver explains this one.
3. Of course if the umps are watching me real close I'll rub a little jalapeño up my nose, get it runnin', and if I need to load the ball up I just [wipes his nose] wipe my nose.
2. Well, at least I'm not the other Kenny Rogers anymore.
1. Yeah, it's dirt, I got my hand a little dirty while watching this from the grass