The Internet is in love with the 90s. There is nothing it loves more than nostalgic lists about things 90s kids remember from their 90s childhood. Well, there's a lot of seriously dumb sh*t creeping onto these lists that weren't at all from the 90s. Allow me to give some examples:
1. The 90s didn't invent school supplies, you fool
Just because you went to school in the 90s doesn't mean that all school supplies were 90s items. Yes, Lisa Frank was especially popular then, but if you go into any 5th grade classroom today, you will probably see a Lisa Frank trapper keeper.
2. The Jimmy Neutron movie came out in 2001, you goddamn moron baby
3. The original Walkman came out in 1979, you ancient hag
If you were given an original Walkman as a child, you were either being given old garbage, or it wasn't the 90s. Not all old technology is from the 90s. It might surprise your nostalgia-addled mind, but there was a time before the 90s. Most time happened before the 90s.
4. Phones with coil cords have been around since 1960
5. Wile E. Coyote came out in 1948
6. Writing notes on paper is the oldest form of communication, you buffoon
Do you actually think that 90s kids can make any claim over passing notes? Remember letters? Do you remember how ancient civilizations applied ink to paper in a way that conveyed a message and then gave it to the people they wished to see that message? Students have been passing notes since then.
7. How could you possibly think Rock, Paper, Scissors was a 90s thing?
Rock, Paper, Scissors originated in ancient Asia. This is obviously in no way a 90s thing. You can't even argue that it was more popular in the 90s than in any previous generation. Everyone, throughout this game's entire existence, has felt equally bored by it.
8. What are you talking about?
9. A lack of technology isn't a 90s thing
10. Fucking idiot