If The World Worked Like the Internet Thinks it Does
By Caldwell Tanner
If the World Worked Like the Internet Thinks it Does
Each image will be presented as a short comic dealing with its corresponding topic
1. Obama sits at his desk holding a paper labelled BILL. Joe Biden and several other politicians look on in horror.
Joe: You can't sign that bill into law, Barry. Just think of the moral decay it will wreak upon our nation!
Obama: I'm sorry Joe, but I MUST. Over 300,000 people signed a petition on Whitehouse.gov.
2. Tight shot on Barry's hand signing the bill.
Obama: The people have spoken.
3. Shot of Barry at the desk, he's finished signing the bill. Joe is crying.
Obama: And now "All Star" by Smash Mouth is legally our country's new national anthem.
CREATING CONTENT (Nathan)
1. Man in a suit stands next to the Mona Lisa. A confused old tourist ask him a question.
Tourist: Excuse me, do you know who made this painting?
2. Man looks at Tourist for a beat...
3. ...Then covers the plaque clearly reading 'Da Vinci' with his hand.
Man: I did.
4. Tourist shakes the mans' hand.
Tourist: Oh, well done!
Man: Thank you.
HELPING OTHERS (Jacob)
1. A homeless person holds a sign that reads "Homeless please help." A girl notices the sign.
2. Girl leans in to talk to hobo.
Girl: Don't worry, I know just what to do!
3. She runs away quickly
4. Girl and her friends sit in a coffee shop.
Girl: Homelessness is a big issue! We've got to spread awareness!
Friend; You're right!
Other Friend: So True.
5. Back to homeless guy.
6. Who suddenly stands up and drops his sign. He is now wearing a suit.
Hobo: I'M CURED!
TROLLING (Jesse Nylund)
1. Guy at a public bus stop shouts at another huge, angry guy.
Troll: Hey! You're fat, ugly, and also I fucked your mom!
2. Guy makes a dumb smiling face, while the big guy pounds his fists.
Troll: Relax man, I was just trolling!
3. Big Guy looks shocked. Other people shrug and look annoyed.
Guy: AWWW WHAT? I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT TROLLED AGAIN! WHY DO I KEEP FALLING FOR THIS!
Other Guy: You just gotta ignore it, man.
Woman: Yeah dude, that's the only way.
4. Huge guy runs away crying. Troll guy is shrugging.
Big Guy: Just leave me alone!
CORRECTING GRAMMAR (Justin Hall)
1. A girl at a restaurant points to a menu, the waiter looks concerned.
Girl: Excuse me, but this menu uses the wrong form of "your." You meant to use the contraction "you're"
Waiter: Oh my god really?
2. Waiter leans in and looks where girl is pointing.
Waiter: Holy shit, you're right.
3. Waiter is shaking the girl's hand.
Waiter: God, that would've been EMBARRASSING. Thank you SO MUCH for catching that! You know what? You're meal's on the house!
Girl: My pleasure.