Half Baked is the film that introduced a lot of people to the miracle that is Dave Chapelle - as well as the entire concept of Bob Saget as a foul-mouthed weirdo. But more than that, it was pretty much the ideal stoner comedy for a generation that was still a decade away from Seth Rogen and long past the hayday of Cheech & Chong. It's funny, smart, and actually takes a long, hard, and surprisingly accurate look at potheads in the mid-90s. Here are some of the best moments:
1. If you didn't grow up in the 90s, watching Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos, this moment won't mean much to you. But if you DID grow up thinking Bob Saget was nothing but a squeaky-clean nice guy, this was MIND-BLOWING.
2. Homer Simpson, take note.
3. Willie Nelson as the Historian Smoker is pretty spot-on casting.
4. Everyone's senior year of high school, summarized.
5. Never in history has there been a truer, more accurate depiction of a pothead.