Right now, we're in the midst of the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea - and already there are incredible tales of resilience, athleticism, and downing churros before snowboarding. But more importantly, the internet is working hard to explain the significance and excitement around the Winter Olympics, the only way it knows how.
1. Sure, it LOOKS impressive - IF YOU'RE AN IDIOT WHO CAN'T RECOGNIZE A SIMPLE FAILED TRIPLE LUTZ.
2. Come to think of it, "knife shoes" is a pretty weird concept.
3. The Winter Olympics are basically just The Hunger Games but colder.
4. I am all-in on this Tron reboot.
Nigeria's women's bobsled team look like they've never lost a lightcycle race and Daft Punk wrote them a soundtrack pic.twitter.com/NUgGmOtDAI-- loudlysilent (@loudlysilent) November 16, 2017
5. Okay this one's a little too real.
6. ...I'm prettttttty sure these are all real terms.
Me before Olympics: Never watch snowboarding-- Jessie Scheidegger (@jschei11) February 11, 2018
Yesterday and today: how did he not land that backside triple 1440 nosegrab? Really liked that chicken salad though. How about the backside rodeo?#olympics #slopestylefinal #GoCanadaGo
7. (*fingers crossed neither of the ShibSibs get killed on the ice*)
8. We will spend literally every other day this year freaking out over disasters and politics, so it's nice to have a brief few days where we get to marvel at the athletes doing cool tricks in the snow.
9. Adam Rippon does EVERYTHING with good eyebrows.
10. Nothing but respect for MY gold medal-winning skater.