Sometimes when we order food, we just want a good ole fashioned plate. Not a stone, not a cutting board, not a miniature shopping cart, but the tried and true plate. Sometimes chefs try to think outside the box, but how about we try to limit that to the food itself, not its serving dish.
1. You know what my normal salads lack? Dirt.
2. Just because it's somewhat bowl shaped does not make it a bowl.
3. I love watching the underside of my chin as I shovel meats into my mouth.
4. Oh come on.
When asking for your meal to be served on a plate, please be specific. Hipster restaurateurs are cunning creatures. pic.twitter.com/KTl6Z947DY-- We Want Plates 🍽 (@WeWantPlates) January 9, 2018
5. An injustice to scrambled eggs.
Cheated on my local this morning and went to a new place and this is what I got. A fucking smorgasbord of breakfast food. Why pls. Scrambled eggs deserve better. Please serve me food on a plate. pic.twitter.com/LI64a9S837-- Kristen (@KrissyPeterssen) March 7, 2018
7. They found the one way to ruin bacon.
8. Nothing like serving a broken glass as garnish.
9. Do you at least get to keep the slippers?
10. That cannot be hygienic.
CHEFS! Don't throw away old baking trays. Simply turn them upside down for an eye-catching alternative to plates.-- We Want Plates 🍽 (@WeWantPlates) September 1, 2017
(Pic: Samuel Joynson) pic.twitter.com/FLYD9ieI7f
11. I mean it's kinda cute, but why?
12. Imagine seeing your waiter walk over with this monstrosity.
Trucking ridiculous.-- We Want Plates 🍽 (@WeWantPlates) August 23, 2017
(Pic: Patrice Callahan) pic.twitter.com/d9bRdJmFyP