Rupert Grint is an actor with range. He can do at least 70 types of derp face, he can gurn for Britain and my oh my, have you seen him do vacant and gormless? Take a deep breath and brace yourself, as we countdown the top fifteen Ron Weasley faces that will have you asking "is it still uncool to wish you could punch a child if that child is an adult now?"
15. This is Ron's first frame in the entire series, and it's all downhill from here, folks.
Look at that horrible little kid face. What expression is he trying to make? Friendly? Confused? It looks closer to "I was trying to fart quietly and I accidentally sharted but I'm stuck on a train so I just have to hope no one notices the smell."
14. He may be out like a light, but his stupid fucking face never sleeps.
At least I don't have to see his stupid beady little eyes.
13. "AAAAARGH, WHY IS MY FACE SO ANNOYING?" That's what Ron's probably yelling here.
I mean, I know that's probably NOT what he's actually yelling, but he's gotta be thinking it.
12. "Holy shit, is that what I look like?"
Ah, the classic Ron Weasley expression of "perpetually dumbfounded."
11. In this scene, Ron is pointing at a dog. There's no need to be THAT scared of a dog, Ron, unless that dog is holding a mirror.
A mirror pointed at YOUR FACE. Which sucks, by the way.
10. This was for a POSTER. They couldn't photoshop his face to look SOMEWHAT normal???
Honestly, this one is mostly on the Warner Bros. graphics department.
9. TFW you realize you'll never truly be good enough for Hermione.
Seriously, how does Emma Watson end up with RON WEASLEY?
8. Take smaller bites, Ron.
I now support Slytherin 100%.
7. "My stupid fucking face never ceases to amaze me."
None of these facial proportions look right. It's like something out of a character creator in Skyrim. And before you yell at me for mocking a child's looks, let me remind you: he has a VERY stupid face.
6. Ron Weasley knows how to show a date a good time - and a sulky, entitled face.
You just ruined the night for your date (who can also do way better than you, btw), so maybe don't make her see your horrible sulky face too.
5. At this point, his face is just saying what we're all thinking.
This face has rendered me sterile. Thanks Ron.
4. Stop it.
Take off that stupid hat. You're indoors, for Christ's sake.
3. Rage... building...
Something about how he face contorts when he's scared makes it EVEN WORSE SOMEHOW.
2. DEAR GOD MAKE IT END
Maybe it's because he's so severely inbred that his face looks like that - as one of the few remaining "pureblood" families in the wizarding world, their family tree has gonna look PRETTY thin.
I'll be honest - I don't entirely understand why I hate Ron Weasley's face so much. Maybe because he's sorta dumb, sorta clumsy, is constantly embarrassed, has friends that are all smarter and more capable than he is, and generally is a loser and DEEPLY aware of it. What I'm getting at is - he reminds me of the worst elements of myself. My self-doubt, my feelings of inferiority - I see my darkest reflection when I see those beady little horrible eyes of his.
But also, his face is just straight-up annoying. "Weasley is our king," my ass.