1) I'm a music industry studies major at Loyola University New Orleans. So I will most likely be living in a box one day.
2) I write. A lot of times about music. I'm thinking about assuming I'll do it for money after school, before, realistically, moving into that aforementioned box.
3) I have a blog. Good and Reckless and True, I have dubbed it. http://www.goodandrecklessandtrue.wordpress.com. Only SUPER COOL PEOPLE read it.
4) Could number 3 be considered reverse psychology? Like, I sort of insinuated that you're not cool if you don't read my blog, in hopes you will, in fact, read it, to prove to yourself that you are cool. I'm hoping it's reverse psychology. It would make me sound smart, kind of shifty, and maybe a little bit of a dork. Which, as we all know, adds up to a SEX MACHINE.
5) I watched this special on TLC one time about people with OCD, and I thought to myself, "Kevin," (which is what I call myself sometimes) "You have your quirks, but be glad you aren't as crazy as THESE peeps" (a slang term commonly used in place of the word 'people'). Then I made sure all of my shoes were facing North, and spent an hour and a half locking and re-locking my dorm room door.
6) I will, from time to time, drop names of bands that are considered super hip and indie-tastic into conversation, in an effort to make me sound super hip and indie-tastic as well, whether or not I actually listen to them. Not that I don't listen to super hip and indie-tastic bands. I like TV on the Radio! But I've also seen Dave Matthews Band four times, and O.A.R. three times. Also, I've seen John Mayer three times, probably know all the lyrics to all his songs, and I totally love the fact that he's from my birthplace of Bridgeport, CT. Hometown pride!
7) I can't name any rock band I'm in for shit. We may rock, but if one thing is for sure, our name will not. At least in retrospect. Here is a list of the names of all the bands I've been in, some not as embarrassing as others, some are the reasons I cry myself to sleep some nights.
- The Fucking
- The Scribes of Abraham
- Xenu and the Scientologists
- Lemon Drop
- The Unknowns